A holiday mule to warm up your guests
This extra-festive twist on a Moscow mule is sure to spice up your holiday party.
Flavoured with the zing of ginger beer, notes of caramel and vanilla from bourbon, and balanced by the sweetness of apple cider, it strikes a perfect balance.
• 1/3 cup (75 mL) honeycrisp sweet apple cider
• 2 tbsp (25 mL) bourbon (1 oz)
• 4 tsp (20 mL) pure maple syrup
• 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh lime juice
• 1/4 cup (50 mL) ginger beer
• 1 slice crystallized ginger (optional)
1. Fill cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Add apple cider, bourbon, maple syrup and lime juice. Cover and shake vigorously 15 to 20 seconds.
2. Strain into PC Stemless Red Wine Glass filled with ice. Top with ginger beer. Thread crystallized ginger onto wooden cocktail skewer (if using); place in glass.
Chef’s tip: Leave out the bourbon for a non-alcoholic version.