- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- Optional – 1/2 c raisins or walnuts
- Stir together flour, baking powder, soda, and 1/4 tsp. salt. In a mixer bowl beat shortening and butter for 30 seconds; add sugars and beat until fluffy.
- Add egg, milk, and vanilla; beat well. Add dry ingredients to beaten mixture and stir until well combined.
- Stir in oats and raisins or walnuts.
- Form 1-inch balls and flatten slightly with fork.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes.