With the exciting changes to Canada’s Food Guide recommending more plant-based foods, now’s the time to experiment with new recipes. This vegan shake uses plant-based products, making it the perfect treat for indoor or outdoor entertaining.
Inspired by the peach Melba dessert, this shake starts with a coconut base, keeping it dairy-free, while frozen mango is a fitting substitute for the favourite stone fruit. The result is an enticing, pretty peachy hue that complements the tropical undertones of this cool, creamy thirst-quencher.
MANGO MELBA SHAKE
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup (250 mL) PC dairy-free vanilla cultured coconut milk probiotic yogurt alternative, divided
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) fresh orange juice, divided
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) plant-based mango coconut milk frozen dessert, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen whole red raspberries
- 4 fresh raspberries, for garnish
- Combine mango, ½ cup yogurt alternative, 3 tbsp orange juice and 2 tbsp frozen dessert in blender; blend until smooth and creamy, adding up to 2 tbsp water or additional orange juice as needed to reach desired consistency. Pour into two tall 1-cup (250-mL) glasses, dividing evenly. Tip: Use a fine-mesh strainer to remove any pulp from the orange juice before pouring it into the blender.
- Combine frozen raspberries and remaining ½ cup yogurt alternative and 3 tbsp orange juice in same blender; blend until smooth and creamy. Pour over top mango mixture, dividing evenly. Stir to create ombré effect.
- Top each shake with 2 tbsp remaining frozen dessert. Garnish with fresh raspberries, dividing evenly.