Attention hot sauce fans and those with bored taste buds. If you never thought of pairing chili and chocolate, you’re in for a treat. Feed your Tabasco and chocolate addiction simultaneously with these little pillows of deliciousness that are guaranteed to leave everyone guessing what the secret ingredient is.
SPICED CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
- 4 oz cooking chocolate
- 2 cups self-raising flour (sifted)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup dark muscovado sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tsp Tabasco Habanero sauce (or more to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400° F).
- Break the chocolate into a bowl and heat over a pan of simmering water until melted.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. In a separate bowl, add the sugar, melted chocolate, butter, milk, Tabasco and eggs. Mix well.
- Carefully fold in the flour. Do not over mix. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mixture into paper muffin cups and bake for 25 minutes or until muffins have risen and are firm to the touch. Remove and cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm or cold.