What makes a burger the ultimate grill champion and a dish that all food lovers can get behind? Whether you’re a beef eater, prefer chicken or are living your best veggie life, there’s a burger for everyone.
With Father’s Day right around the corner, why not create the ultimate burger for dad? This loaded nacho burger is made with a prime rib patty and features a layer of gooey jalapeño-studded Monterey Jack cheese. It’s also loaded with traditional nacho toppings, like fresh pico de gallo, avocado and cilantro crema.
If beef isn’t your thing, it can be easily swapped out for your protein of your choice at your local Loblaws.
Loaded Nacho Burger
- 4 PC thick and juicy prime rib burgers
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pico de gallo salsa
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cilantro lime crema
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices jalapeño Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
- Preheat barbecue to medium. Oil grill.
- Cook frozen burgers with the lid of your grill down, turning once, until cooked through; about 10 to 12 minutes. If adding cheese, top burgers with cheese in the last minute of cooking.
- Transfer to plate. Let stand 2 minutes. Meanwhile, add buns, cut sides down, to grill; cook until lightly toasted for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place burgers on bun bottoms and top with avocado, salsa, crema and lettuce, dividing evenly. Sandwich with burger tops.
Tip: Feeling adventurous? Serve tortilla chips on the side with pico de gallo and guacamole.