Florida Grapefruit and Jicama Vietnamese Salad
- 1 small jicama, peeled (about 1 1/4 lb/600 g)
- 3 cups (750 ml) shredded napa cabbage
- 2 Florida ruby red grapefruits, peeled and segmented
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 cup (250 ml) diced English cucumber
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Florida ruby red grapefruit juice
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) each soy sauce and rice vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) liquid honey
- 2 tsp (10 ml) sriracha chili sauce
- Thinly slice jicama and stack slices. Cut into 2 inch (5 cm) matchstick size strips and place in a large bowl. Add cabbage, Florida grapefruit segments, carrot and cucumber.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Florida grapefruit juice, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, honey and chili sauce. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes before serving for flavours to develop.
- Makes 8 servings.