While you’re cooped up in the house this winter, trust the natural abilities of citrus to transform your hibernation habitat into a spa fit to fight the gloomy winter.
Relax and let citrus provide a full-sensory experience sure to lower stress and refresh the senses.
Citrus offers stress reduction, nausea prevention and improvement of memory and digestion with this recipe.
What you need:
- 1 large bowl
- 1 large bath towel
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 sliced Sunkist lemon
- 1 handful of mint leaves
- Add boiling water, Sunkist lemon slices and mint leaves to a large bowl.
- Place a bath towel over your head and lower your face over the bowl.
- Breathe deeply for seven to 10 minutes, allowing the aroma of the mint and lemon to calm your senses, remove impurities and open breathing passages during cold and flu season.
Grapefruit Body Scrub
This superfood can beautify you inside and out. Sunkist grapefruit contain phytonutrients that function as antioxidants, protecting you from free radicals that damage skin cells and lead to signs of aging.
What you need:
- 3/4 cup organic sugar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed Sunkist grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Apply to hands or body by dipping a sliced grapefruit in the grapefruit sugar mixture. In addition to the massaging skin benefits, the grapefruit will also work to brighten nails.
More citrus beauty tips can be found at Sunkist.com.