• 1 cup (250 mL) (2 sticks) Becel salted margarine sticks
• 1 ¼ cup (280 mL) sugar, divided
• 2 large eggs
• 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
• 3 cups (750 mL) all-purpose flour
1. Beat margarine sticks with 1 cup (250 mL) sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy; about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla until blended. Gradually add flour and beat on low speed until blended. Divide dough in quarters; wrap in plastic wrap and flatten into disks. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F (180° C). Remove plastic wrap from dough. Roll each quarter about 1/8-in. (3 mm) thick on floured surface with floured rolling pin. Cut dough into shapes with 2-in. (5 cm) cookie cutters. Arrange on ungreased baking sheets, 1 in. (2.5 cm) apart. If dough becomes too soft, return to refrigerator to firm up.
3. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar.
4. Bake 10 minutes or until edges are just golden. Let stand 1 minute on wire rack; remove cookies from sheets and cool completely. Decorate as desired.