A new twist on weekend breakfast
Treat someone you love to breakfast in bed or elevate a breakfast standard to special-guest status. This elegant yet easy dish created by the staff at Harrowsmith magazine is sure to please.
- 8 strips bacon
- 2 slices aged cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- In frying pan, cook bacon until transparent. Transfer to paper-towel-lined plate. Cool slightly.
- Cut four 6-inch (15 cm) parchment rounds to fit standard-size muffin cups.
- Criss-cross 2 bacon strips in each of four parchment-lined muffin cups. Crumble cheese and divide evenly over bacon. Crack 1 egg into each cup. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in 350°F (190°C) oven until bacon is crispy and egg white is cooked through; about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to plate and serve with toast and watercress. Remove parchment before eating.
Find more easy and delicious recipes at harrowsmithmag.com.