Start your mornings right
Made with orange juice, this simple, make-ahead breakfast is packed with protein to kick-start your day. Prep everything the night before so in the morning all you have to do is pop it in the oven for a warm, delicious breakfast your whole family will enjoy.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup orange Juice
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta
- 4 slices of bread, torn into 1-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 275 g frozen mixed berries, thawed and drained
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- Combine butter and honey and melt in microwave.
- In a large bowl, using a whisk, beat the egg, ricotta and sugar.
- Add milk, orange juice, butter and honey mixture. Stir to combine. Gently fold in bread and berries.
- Place mixture into an 8×8-inch baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to 12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake the strata until golden on top and baked through; about 40 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Spoon into dishes to serve.