This year, try experimenting the flavours of gingerbread in more than just cookies. Follow this recipe to purée the perfect gingerbread spread. Spread the sweetness of gingerbread butter on your homemade or store-bought cookies, toast, pancakes, and more.
- 225 g gingerbread cookies (about 8)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) icing sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) coconut oil
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) water
- 2 tsp (10 mL) pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground ginger
- Pulse cookies in food processor until they resemble fine crumbs. Add sugar; pulse until just blended.
- Heat oil and water in small saucepan on low heat until oil is melted. Slowly add oil mixture to processor while pulsing. Add vanilla and spices; pulse until just blended and refrigerate.
For more tips on preparing festive flavours and holiday feasts, head to flavour.ca.